Sunday, March 22, 2009

Microsoft's Vision 2019

And, while on the subject of computer science and exciting technologies, my son Sirish sent me a link to some wonderful short videos that have been released by Microsoft. They are calling them Vision 2019 and can be accessed here.

They are really something. I am not one of those folks who either love Microsoft or hate Microsoft. I am somewhere in between, where I admire many of their products and then wonder about some others. Overall, though, and in the interest of full disclosure, I must say that I do lean more towards the "admire" category for them.

Here, Microsoft Office Labs have really done a great job of using video to articulate life (with technology) in 2019. These are not just admirable, I believe they are inspiring. Have a look at this montage! It's only a couple of minutes long and I have watched it a few times. Each time, I pick up something new. Once you watch the montage, you can then watch the future vision video for Manufacturing, Retail, Health and Banking.

I hope it gives credence to some of my excitement about the future of technology in general, software in particular...

1 comment:

  1. Preetha,

    Interesting video. I am sure you did notice that there was a guy reading paper newspaper in this vision. That should make you feel good.

    BTW, why did you stop blogging?

    I know it gets tedious and frustrating, but over time it is something to behold. I started my blog Only Mumbai three years ago. I still add things that matter to me. It now has the traffic rank of 78,000 in India - not bad for a country of more than billion.

    Please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete