Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What a great book!

If you have not already read it, I highly recommend "Predictably Irrational" by Dan Ariely. Check it out here. And, then go out and purchase it! Of course, I may just be late to this party and you already know everything about it. This book made sense of some of my irrational behaviors and thoughts. Further, it helps me figure out some steps towards fixing these.

Whether you are a businessperson, in sales, in any profession, a homemaker, a student - you will find this to be a useful and engrossing book. It is actually fun and very easy to read. Now, it sits here close to my office desk, where I can use it as a reference for some of the decisions I need to make (such as product pricing and positioning...).

The book's tagline is "The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions". It provides meaning to the crazy, impulse purchases or decisions you and I have made. The great thing is it is backed up by real experiments and real data.

You might already be a fan of this book. But, if not, go ahead. Buy it and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment